Subject: [Leica] B&W Films/now used equipment in Hotlanta
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Jun 29 07:49:20 2004

Walker,
No, nobody in Atlanta has much in the way of used equipment.  Showcase
has a little bit of everything, mostly ordinary like an overpriced F3 or
some 120 Makro Planers for the Hasselblad system.  Wolf is in the last
days of eliminating their used equipment.  Photo Barn occasionally has
some Japanese stuff as the last of their customers convert to digital.
Wings usually has a decent selection of ordinary stuff; if you want the
good stuff you have to get to know them and look before Ebay.

KEH is the dominant used place.  You can shop their goods online and if
you call ahead they will let you look at the item before you take it
home.  As you know they are only an online store.

Ebay has truly killed the used camera emporium.  On the selling end it
has opened up many possibilities, but for buyers trying to compare three
different lenses, it just isn't the same as it used to be.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com