Subject: [Leica] Yeah, But Tina Really Knows What She's Doing!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jun 28 21:32:19 2004

You know price wise I'm just looking at B&H and a Noctilux is 3 grand a
Summilux is 2 grand and a Summicron is one grand.
Its about a grand an f stop folks in the 50mm department.
Grok on that!

Although an Elmarit 2.8 does not cost Zero. It's three quarters of such.

And by the way I assume if Tina really knows what she's doing then Tina also
really knows what she's saying.
And if she says the Noctilux is a key tool for her work then THAT with a
look at her work should explain the situation fully.

What she could have got with a Pentax ME and a 40mm 2.8 pancake? Beside the
point she could change her name to Kathy Manley.

If the Queen had *&&%^^ she'd be King.

Put Ansel behind a 35mm camera and what to you get?
A guy who should have stuck to the Piano perhaps.
Put HCB behind a large camera on a tripod and what do you get?
A guy who should have stayed with the family business maybe.

Maybe that approach could have also worked for them. You never know.

But you gotta assume the tools someone chooses for their work is not
arbitrary or coincidental. And should not be misconstrued.

If one has the skills to use a tool one would normally have the skill to
know which tool they should be using. I gotta think.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/