Subject: [Leica] Noctilux defence - How dare you, B.D.!!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jun 27 00:01:56 2004

On 6/26/04 7:42 PM, "Tina Manley" <images@infoave.net> wrote:

> At 04:32 PM 6/26/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 6/26/04 12:24:10 PM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:
>>
>> << But as I've also  said repeatedly, it's just my opinion - and I'm as
>> entitled to express it as all the folks who eeaxpress their opinion that
>> the Noctilux is the greatest piece of optical glass in which they've
>> ever invested. (And believe me, reading that over and over - and looking
>> at uninspiring snapshots taken with the $2500 lens, is a boring to me as
>> my comments are to them. ;-) )
>>
>> B. D. >>
>
> B.D. -
>
> I love my Noctilux and you will have to pry it from my cold, dead
> hands!   Do you see nausea bokeh or boredom in content of these Noctilux
> photos? (actually, boredom in the content would hardly be the fault of the
> lens!)
>
> http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Honduras/maria.htm
>
> http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Honduras/weldi.htm
>
> http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Honduras/ordinand.htm
>
> http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Honduras/amilcar.htm
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/image-29684.html
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/image-51157.html
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/image-51159.html
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/image-60370.html
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/image-60372.html
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/image-60387.html
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/tinamanley/image-60410.html
>
> And many, many more!  They are all made with the Noctilux and could not
> have been made with any other lens!  I am not a Leica do-or-die fan and
> hate their current association with fancy name-brand purses and scarves,
> but they made a killer of a low-light lens that nobody else has even begun
> to equal.  When it comes to taking photos in the dark, nothing else comes
> close to a Noctilux.  I would never use it stopped down in broad daylight,
> but that is not its purpose.  If you can see the bokeh, you should not be
> using the Noctilux!!
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley, ASMP
> www.tinamanley.com
>

> http://www.pdiphotos.com
> http://www.workbookstock.com
> http://www.newscom.com
> http://www.americanphotojournalist.com

As Confusion says: a picture is worth a thousand words.
Or was that Saatchi & Saatchi? (See RUG)

This and the work of Rei Shinozuka.
And an few other Dramamine imbibing souls.

Check out what this couple does with their Noctilux...
http://www.alaska.net/~rowlett/noctilux.htm

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon