Subject: [Leica] Noct @F1 vs. color
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Sun Jun 27 13:19:28 2004

What I notice (duh...) is that at very low light where one needs the
Noctilux at F1, or F1.2, the color contrast is very low, and typically
there are color casts. Perhaps it's because I only shoot slides? Would
color neg, like the Fuji Superia etc. be better? Or do I give up and just
have to shoot B&W where the Noct' excels?

(A little moot currently since I sold my Noct' so I can afford a Tri-Elmar,
but I suspect I may get another Noct at some point) Interestingly, on my
personal favorite page, for my wife's pics, two are Noct's:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photosite/karisu/index.html

2nd row, first one on left, and 4th row, last one on right.

use richard@imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Noct @F1 vs. color)
Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] Noct @F1 vs. color)