Subject: [Leica] New Noct images - A walk in the woods
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Jun 25 19:23:51 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:35:32 -0400, Mitch Zeissler
<mitch.zeissler@verizon.net> wrote:

> Here are a few shots from a recent walk in the woods, including one that
> shows how many cicadas some of the trees had:
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1ssgc/Noct/Sugarloaf/index.htm

I very much like the first shot 001 looking up through the leaves. It
doesn't have the really extreme bokeh but does have a fascinating
pattern of light and dark. I'll bet it would work super in black and
white.

Speaking of cicadas. We were in D.C. a few weeks ago while there were
still a bunch of them around. We sat parked in front a church waiting
for my son's recital and watch sparrows attempting to catch them ON
THE WING! The sparrows were so chubby they could hardly maneuver but
after two or three passes they'd succeed in catching one of the
cicadas and then plop down onto the ground to enjoy their feast -
sometimes rolling onto their bellys and skidding to a stop in a VERY
inelegant fashion. I bet there are some fat feral cats out there from
chowing down on birds.

Adam

Replies: Reply from alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] test)
Reply from mitch.zeissler at verizon.net (Mitch Zeissler) ([Leica] New Noct images - A walk in the woods)