Subject: [Leica] Tina and Her Computer: Lightening Strike!
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri Jun 25 10:05:28 2004

Actually in the event of a lightning strike in proximity to the PC, the
electro-magnetic field will damage circuits and disks, plugged in or not. It
all
depends on the amount of shielding available to the components. MIL-spec or
other specially ruggedised kit may survive. Talk to any number of IT
DIrectors
on the subject...it ain't funny. Itis one of the risks of relying on
magnetic
and electronic media. CDs are more robust.

Peter Dzwig