Subject: Re: [Leica] Three years!  I did it!
From: geebeephoto at fsmail.net (Graham Battison)
Date: Mon Jun 21 09:00:30 2004

>From : "Sonny Carter"
To : "Leica Users Group"
Subject : [Leica] Three years! I did it!

Three years ago, I stepped up to the plate and committed to doing a Picture
a Week Project. I was encouraged by some words from Kyle Cassidy who
remains my friend, and I talk to him almost every day.

Bee Flowers thought I might be putting a deadline in front of my quality,
but looking back, his encouragement of some of my shots gave me the impetus
to forge ahead with the project.

Interestingly most of the people who keep me moving in this project do not
do a PAW themselves. Ted, Will, CZ, Colin, Luis, Mike, and Tina, are some
who fit that bill.

There are some who do or have done the PAW this project has brought me close
to: Nathan, Chris, Jeffery, Eric and Daniel are the stars here, but there
are others, many others. In this category I want to single out GeeBee, who
has inspired me with his wit, and kept me from making some big mistakes.

In my hometown everyone is supportive. I hate to even name names, because I
get emails and acclamation all the time. Finally, I want to thank my family
who put up with this endeavor.

Does it sound like an academy award speech? I hope so. If I did not name
you, it doesn't mean I don't care. Thanks to you all.

Sonny Carter
http://www.sonc.com

Sonny,

You are to be congratulated, not only do you give us insight into the events
and characters in you home town but you also regularly furnish the list with
something which, for me at any rate, keeps me trawling through just about
every post that drops into my inbox. Namely URL's. Advice, both technical
and practical, is of course invaluable as is product information but for me
the picture is the thing. Please keep taking them.

I note that you mention my 'wit' in you post. At no time during the three
years we have been communicating have I sought to be witty or humorous. On
the contrary I am well known for being a miserable old git. The fact that I
have given you amusement leads me to the conclusion that you and the rest of
the 'merkins' that frequent the virtual pub on IRC have been having a laugh
at the limeys' expense. The thought had occurred to me before but had I
mentioned it you 'merkins' would have united behind a charge of me being
paranoid.

I AM NOT PARANOID!!!! **

Graham

** I know you all think I am.