Subject: [Leica] While it is happening
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 08:59:35 2004

Dear Colleagues,

With the advent of dependable and affordable digital cameras [Leica Digital
M? TK], I'm wondering whether the ways we employ photography in general has
changed. Beyond the professional and family uses, has digital opened new
vistas
for photography? For example, now that we can include photos easily with our
writing, has our writing changed? Can we attach the terms 'casual' and
'routine'
to photography because of digital's low per image cost, direct to Net
connection, ascending quality, esthetic conversions (B&W, Sepia, High
Contrast, etc.)
automation and ease of mastery?

Has digital opened new horizons for us? What do you think they are? Does
digital characterize our modern way of life: throwaway society, instant
gratification, consumerism, obsolescence, living for the here and now,
luxury, more
democratic equality, etc? Should we even bother examining change while it is
happening?

Best,
Bob

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] While it is happening)