Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW#25: More Hoopers and a "see y'all"
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon Jun 21 08:57:00 2004

Buoyed by the encouragement of several LUGgers, I went back again on
Thursday for some more photos of the local hula hoopers.  This time there
seemed to be more regular folks picking up the extra hoops and joining in,
in addition to the hardcore aficionados.

My main PAW for week #25 is a 5 year-old girl who is well on her way to
being a professional hooper (if there is such a thing).  I think I got the
motion blur just right on this one:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_25/index.html

Alt1 is of Vivian, one of the main hoopers, who is great to watch because
she shows real joy while hooping.  This shot might be a little too
cluttered, but I like her expression.  I was wishing I had my 90mm with me
for this one:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_25/pages/alt1.html

Alt2 shows that there is at least one other person as fascinated by the
hoopers as I am:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_25/pages/alt2.html

I'll be temporarily signing off the LUG tomorrow afternoon.  I'm heading
out for my trip to England, Switzerland, and Italy, and my inbox can't
handle the 10,000 messages that will be generated while I'm gone.  And I
don't think my housesitter wants to sort through them all for me!  Have
fun, and I'll post some shots when I return.

Thanks for looking and/or commenting,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW#25: More Hoopers and a "see y'all")