Subject: [Leica] New shoot...
From: bdcolen at (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Jun 14 10:16:10 2004

This past weekend, I took Tootsie - the now deaf, mostly blind,
arthritic, 13+-year-old substandard Poodle my children call my "favorite
child," on what may well prove to be her last road trip with me, to
visit my best friend from college, whom I hadn't seen since his wedding
in 1976. He is an Episcopal priest with a tiny congregation in a
terminally quaint little town in the most rural reaches of Northwestern
New Jersey. So, obviously we had to take a tour on the church on
Saturday, and then go to services Sunday...And my friend gave me total
run of the church during Sunday services...The result, all shot
digitally with the E-1 and converted to BW - sorry - is at my website
http://www.a-day-in-our-life , and is reached my clicking on the link
"St. Luke's Church," which is found on the home page, under the
Corporate and Editorial setting.
Yes, I know it could stand some editing. But what the hell....

And finally, a final word from me about Sal.
Sal and I clashed a bit in the past - which I guess means he spent time
on the LUG :-) - but the couple of times I ran into him at photo events
in New York, he was the perfect gentleman - a real delight. But there
was one time when he showed both his cleverness, and a bit of biting
I spotted Sal, whom I had never met, at a big Olympus press event. He
looked really familiar - from photos of him posted by various I went up to him, stuck out my hand, and said, "Sal
DeMarco? I'm B. D. Colen."
Sal looked at me, took my hand, and without skipping a beat
replied..."That's too bad."

RIP, Sal...

B. D.