Subject: [Leica] M7 vs Digilux 2
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jun 12 21:40:50 2004

As some of you know I've been using, well playing with a Digilux 2 for a
several months now and just having a great fun time making exposures, as
it's so great to use because you never take any lousy photographs when you
down load to the computer! ;-)

Well you know why don't you? ;-)

Heck you've already deleted all the lousy ones so what's in the machine
makes you look like one of the "World's Greatest!" ;-)

I mean open "browse digital" file and there they are....all beauties! ;-)
And not a touch of Photo-shopping either. :-)

However the other day I had a serious shoot and it was the first time in
three months I'd handled an M7. On the first moment of taking it in hand it
was like a revelation of feeling, heft, comfort, whatever. But without
question, it was a feeling I'd not experienced before when handling only
film cameras.

It was such a unique sensation it kind of caught me off guard and I found
myself almost fondling each M7 in turn with the different lenses attached.
And the "feeling of a real camera or whatever, it was quite noticeable."

No big deal, but it was a strange handling experience after so many years of
M's or R's of some kind. Bottom line, it felt good having the M7 in hand and
I took on a more serious note towards what I was shooting.

Not that I've been frivolously shooting digital, because I have put some
very nice stuff on memory cards. Although it's been a kind of easy going
shooting even where I used it one day on a serious shoot, I never felt like
I was actually seriously taking pictures.

So I figure I'm not any where near selling off the stable of film cameras
yet. :-) Love the digital, but? ;-) I suppose I'm just an old fashion film
kinda guy! :-)

Some ramblings for a Saturday afternoon.

ted

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M7 vs Digilux 2)
Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] M7 vs Digilux 2)
Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] M7 vs Digilux 2)