Subject: [Leica] Daniel's Postings
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Robert Palmieri)
Date: Fri Jun 11 08:55:23 2004

Daniel -

Well, once again I find myself humbled both by your link to Kyle's stuff
and that portrait you posted.  I'm kinda new to the list and I'm sure
there's a lot more stuff I've missed.

Regarding your Hektor shot I find it to be stone beautiful.  An instant
connection to someone who I've never met.  And as much as I hate to ask
pesky tech questions when seeing something that really rings
artistically, I just gotta ask you - what do you think accounts for that
stunning luminosity in the skintone?  Lack of grain and proper Zone
placement I get, also the influence of all the stuff around it, but
there's something else...  I've also been struck by that searing quality
in the waterfall shot on Mark Rabiner's site.

Bob Palmieri