Subject: [Leica] Remembering the Reagan years
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Jun 9 17:01:47 2004

At 07:26 PM 6/9/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>.Of course I also couldn't help thinking as I saw Nancy
>tentatively touch the casket as it made a turn past her, 'hope someone
>got THAT shot.' :-)

I thought I saw Sal Di Marco ducking as the cameras went by.  Were you
there, Sal?  It is certainly a moving ceremony.  Nancy was a very
supportive and loyal wife.  The tentative touch of the casket was a
decisive moment, unplanned but very, very moving.  I wish I had been there,
but it was almost enough to see it on TV.  We don't see enough moments of
true emotion these days and the difference between those and politically
planned "photo ops" and "sound bites" is very obvious.  I wonder sometimes
about our responsibility as photographers to the cynical view that the
media portrays of American life.  Perhaps all photographers and reporters
should live for a few years under a dictatorship to have a basis for
comparison. The current trends are very, very scary.  We should all go to
NYC and photograph in the subways at every possible opportunity.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Remembering the Reagan years)