Subject: [Leica] M7 base plate plastic! My Black Paint is Better than Yours
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Fri Jun 4 13:28:27 2004

i must count myself as amonst the ultra-wimps.  while i do take out
the black-paint MP/HM as freely as my classic .85,  i constructed my
own leicavit plastic cover, made out of archival library self-stick
paperback
cover material  (2 layers) which do not leave residue and is easy to remove.
the toughest part was making the slot for the trigger.  the original
baseplate,
while not used, also has the original plastic.

i also added small squares on the left and right sides above the strap-
mounting hardware.

so if you're looking for the poster child wimp, look no further.

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey