Subject: [Leica] a couple new ones
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Fri May 28 14:57:56 2004

Doug-
Thanks- Neat site! However, I got a bit confused when I saw how many types
of squirrels and chipmunks there were, and how similar they looked! Then the
guide started in on Bacular (penis bone) Morphology as a means of
identifying some, and I had to quit--- entirely too much information for me
to winnow through this late in the day!! :o)

Your method sounds a lot like my late father's pastime- he'd buy day old
bread and keep it under the lid of the backyard grill. The little critters,
squirrels and chipmunks together, would congregate in the mornings on the
patio, with some standing on the grill shelf, waiting for him to come out
for his morning smoke, and to feed his little friends. I might try that,
though I don't think I'll go so far as to name them!
The site did help identify a bird we couldn't find in our old Audubon guide!
The things you learn from this group....
Dan