Subject: [Leica] Transparency film for available darkness
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Thu May 27 20:34:07 2004

Back when I shot TV news, in the late '70s, we had a chart showing all
of the basketball arenas in the area with the filtration and exposure.
Some were truly horrendous and it was very difficult to get a decent
image with a film camera.

As we made the transition to video the problem suddenly went away.  We
could white balance for the worst color.  We had a switch to increase
the gain of the camera but it was fairly noisy.  Still, better than no
image.

Mike D