Subject: [Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu May 27 18:37:01 2004

I have to disagree here. IF someone uses the focal length fairly often,
and IF the new lens is going to deliver better contrast, crisper images,
and virtually no flare, THEN I can see going for the new lens. Ted is
absolutely correct in saying that the new lens is not going to make
someone a better photographer; it will not turn mundane images into
iconic images. But for someone who is already getting outstanding
images, in terms of their content and their composition, a superior lens
MAY just make them better.

But for the average shooter who even has to think at all before spending
$2500 on a non-essential item? It's totally nuts. IMHO. ;-)

B. D.