Subject: [Leica] Yes, H.C.-B. Was THAT Good?
From: PetersonAG at NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL (Peterson Arthur G NSSC)
Date: Tue May 25 11:07:17 2004

Buzz,

I agree!  Wholeheartedly!  Absolutely!  Multiple shots couldn't matter less.
It's not just a question of snapping before a subject's heel touches the
water.  Anyone with a motor-driven camera can achieve that sort of thing
easily.  Rather, it's a matter of the incredible organization of---hence the
coherence and expressive impact of---the multiple elements that make up all
his pictures.  He's an absolute genius!  The Mozart of photography!  Without
wishing to be argumentative, I'd say to those who don't appreciate HCB's
photos---and this purely for their own benefit---just keep looking.

Art