Subject: [Leica] Was HCB that good?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue May 25 10:22:48 2004

Well, Neil...You sure have stuck your neck out. :-)
Actually, I felt similarly until I got "HCB, The Man, The Image, & The
World." When I looked at that career retrospective, I had to say, 'yah,
he IS that good.' Particularly when you consider that he was, in effect,
inventing the language of 35 mm photography. Had he come later, I don't
know that we would be as impressed. (And I still fail to be impressed by
the vast majority of his portraits.)

B. D.