Subject: [Leica] Susan Sontag on Iraq Photos
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue May 25 09:57:02 2004

Say WHAT Marc?
The U.S. military is doing its damndest to limit the investigation, and
prosecutions, to the poor reservists from the hills who would no more
have thought to engage in this kind of activity on their own than they
would have thought to start speaking Arabic. Yes, the investigation - or
at least investigations - will probably move up the food chain, but not
because that's what the military wants to have happen. And none of this
would have been more than little inside stories in newspapers, whining
by the Red Cross, Amnesty, and other "leftist pinko" groups, were it not
for the photographs getting out.

B. D.