Subject: [Leica] Re: "unnecessary paranoia"
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 21 07:32:13 2004

    Nathan Wajsman says it's "unnecessary paranoia" to feel as I do that it's
not very wise these days to wander around a strange country with lots of
expensive Leica stuff.
    I accept the charge but it's one thing to recover the loss by insuring
one's property and another to face the consequences when you suffer a loss.
    My wife and I have had our bags rifled in a nice hotel in Mexico City
many years ago, I have been held up at gunpoint at 3 am in a Times Square parking
garage -- losing an 18k Rolex-- after getting out of work 15 years ago, I
have had a Leica stolen at a New Jersey camera show a couple of years ago, one of
my daughters has had her pocket picked on a Madrid subway a long time ago,
and my father-in-law was relieved of a Leica on Eighth Avenue in Manhattan, also
long ago.
    I suppose it's just bad luck all around and, besides, nobody should be
out at 3 am I guess.
   But most of this happened in the good old days when none of this was
supposed to happen. Today it's different. -- bob cole

Replies: Reply from n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: "unnecessary paranoia")