Subject: [Leica] Best R camera to take to the Beach?
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri May 21 07:11:32 2004

Hey Stasys:
How about the R recyclable camera, no worries about theft.  :)

If you insist on taking an R, then the R4 as it is semi disposable
anyway: you can buy another one for what it costs to repair.  :)

Seriously, if your primary purpose is to enjoy the beach and relax, then
the R4 as it is small and light.  If your primary purpose is
photography, then the R9 as it is a better picture taking machine.  Do
several things when you get off the beach: wipe the camera and lens down
with a very slightly damp towel to remove salt residue, brush or blow
off all surfaces of the camera and lens including the interior, and
reinspect the whole camera, lens, and bag for sand.  The grit on the
beach is insidious and will destroy photo equipment if you do not
properly clean off the grit.