Subject: [Leica] 50mm lenses should be compulsory.
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed May 19 08:03:29 2004

No...I mean that whatever lens you use, you want to fill the frame - so
if you're using a 21, say, unless you're shooting sweeping vistas you
will want to get close in order to fill the frame. If you're using a 35,
you'd step back a bit, and a bit further with a 50, and so on...Granted,
you might want to get really tight and close with any lens...But the
wider the lens, the more you have to move close to the subject to do
that...Similarly, if you want to include more of a scene, the longer the
lens, the further way from the scene you have to stand...so that's why I
said that the lens "controls" where you stand....