Subject: [Leica] Nautical Still Life #3
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Tue May 18 17:44:52 2004

As suggested and approved by Alastair, I have increased the contrast on the
vertical composition of a nautical object and posted it as "Nautical Still
Life #3" at

http://gallery.leica-users.org/OliverBrykPhotos  .

Carl identified it as a bitt. Checking Richard Henry Dana's "The Seaman's
Friend" confirmed this nomenclature although in Dana's time bitts were made
of wood. This single bitt is located on the forward deck of the steam tug
"Hercules", not the sailing vessel "Balclutha" as I had originally stated.
Oliver Bryk