Subject: [Leica] Best Lenses To Take To Honolulu
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue May 18 12:41:47 2004

Actually, I thought your comment was the best "one lens" suggestion. A
Minilux Zoom would cover most situations other than bird photography. I was
surprised that it offended anyone. Film and film cameras are becoming a
pain in the ass to carry during travel, with film being xrayed and cameras
being mishandled by patriotic inspectors. I think that a Digilux II (which
could be a P&S) with zoom lens is the best answer if one is going to be on
a vacation. Now, if it were a shooting assignment, I'd say pack more stuff.

But, in retrospect, I'm glad that you made the suggestion other than me.
When Ted's response showed up with three red chili peppers warning me of
its content, I said "Whew, that was close."

For the record, some P&S and digital cameras have super lenses, and in a
hot, tropical climate, I would not want to be carrying 25 pounds of camera
equipment. I know that this IS a Leica forum, so a Leica Minilux or a Leica
CM or a Leica Digilux I or II would be my recommendation.

I live close enough to the equator to appreciate traveling light. Hawaii is
even closer.

Jeffery