Subject: [Leica] Best Lenses To Take To Honolulu
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri May 21 04:05:58 2004

On 5/18/04 12:10 PM, "Higa Isaku" <isakuhiga@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ted,
>
> Sorry for making you upset but I only meant to tease not to get you going.
> English being my second language, I  may not have done a good job of
> getting my point across.

Sorry but I don?t think this is a langues issue and I don?t think MRI "Higa
Isaku was kidding.
What he clearly said was this:
> Forget about serious shooting! Just relax on the beach with a couple of
> books to read... Now the question is what books  :-)<<<<<<<,
And this has nothing also at all to do with the fact that what kind of
shooting the guy does was not articulated.
Does Mr. Higa Isaku amass sophisticated equipment but take only a point and
shoot to a gorgeous place like Hawaii?  He would not be the only one.
Perhaps he can assure us otherwise and that way we'll know for sure he was
really kidding on his advice. I don?t think he was and should own up to it.
But on language issues I'd advise the use of the term "chill out" be used
with great restraint. It's really gotten to be an obnoxious thing to say and
especially write in an email that will just about set anyone off. "Don?t get
your panties in a bunch ranks just a half step below it".
Is this person going to take a serious approach to photography on his
vacation or not? That we don?t know as he was so vague. But why try to talk
him out of it?
And say it's because of that?
A person who doesn't post much or at all should use several times more
restraint in a post. A stranger has little leeway with such attitudes on a
list.
Once a list gets to know you; THEN try pulling some attitude on a person the
list knows.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon