Subject: [Leica] Best Lenses To Take To Honolulu
From: mlquinn.mail at earthlink.net (Mike Quinn)
Date: Mon May 17 22:19:21 2004

As always, "it depends".

Honolulu is one of the few places on earth that a 50mm is not ideal.
35mm seems to work in the crowded city,
 >135mm is needed for surfers,
Some of the international markets and rain forest areas are
surprisingly dim.

If you go to the polynesian cultural center (recommended) a 90 or
higher is good to isolate the performers.

Minimum kit is a 35 or 40 and a 90mm.

Film is actually a tougher issue than lenses.
Check the weather before you go.

Have fun,

Mike Quinn