Subject: [Leica] New Noct images - A walk in the woods
From: mlquinn.mail at earthlink.net (Mike Quinn)
Date: Sun Jun 27 21:26:48 2004

If you're discussing the pictures mad by those cameras,
you don't need to handle them to form an opinion.

Perhaps the ergonomics, glass, or construction will help us make better
pictures.
I tend to think what I see through the viewfinder is important.
But once the images are made, they have to stand on their own.

I can see the Noctiblobs even though I've never even seen a noctilux,
much less used one.
I don't like the blobs.
But they wouldn't stop me from using a Noctilux.
I'd just try to learn how to avoid them.

Proposal:
Those of you who are so threatened by the noctiblobs that you feel the
need to attack
anyone who sees them, should give up the lens and send it to me.
It's bad for you.
I see the blobs and think I can handle them.

Yes that's it.
I understand now.
As soon as one of you sends me his Noctilux,
I promise to become incoherant,
claim Bokeh doesn't exist,
and start attacking B.D. for describing it.

The price of selling one's soul I guess...

Mike Quinn