Subject: [Leica] sorta OT: buying external scsi harddrive online
From: banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche)
Date: Sun May 16 14:11:58 2004

Eric,
[I would avoid SCSI and go with Firewire or USB 2.0. I doubt SCSI
offers significant advantages over the newer technologies, (maybe
someone more knowledgeable will correct me)].

Regarding computer equipment: I have been successful with macsales.com
(formerly Otherworld Computing) and the Dell Software and Peripherals
store (where you can get pretty good deals by checking from time to
time dealcoupon.com or similar websites).

My worst experience has been with ecost.com (they would not replace a
defective scanner, I had to go directly to the manufacturer).

In general, when buying computer equipment I check one of the price
comparison sites (e.g., cnet.com, shopping.com, zdnet.com). The
differences may be quite astonishing.

Good luck

Juan