Subject: [Leica] Best known photo ?
From: feli at (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Mon May 10 16:56:14 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 16:35, Clive Moss wrote:
> Paul Hardy Carter said the following on 5/10/2004 5:39 PM:
> > Without question the "jumper", it's actually called "Behind the Gare St Lazare",
>  > is one of the most miraculous pictures ever taken, and a vastly
> better picture than the boy with the bottles.
>  > I've promised myself that next time I have ten grand to spare I'll
> buy a print of it and spend two hours a night with a bottle of wine
> looking at it.
> ArtChicago at Navy Pier had a print of the jumper this weekend. Not
> worth ten grand to me. Did not look noticeably better than any of the
> reproductions in a book. Use the ten grand to buy better wine :-)

If I remember correctly the jumper shot is heavily cropped.
HCB supposedly shot it through a crack in a fence.

Feli di Giorgio
Visual Effects Supervisor "Hostage"
creocollective -

Replies: Reply from paul at (Paul Hardy Carter) ([Leica] Best known photo ?)
Message from paul at (Paul Hardy Carter) ([Leica] Best known photo ?)
Message from chmphoto at (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Best known photo ?)