Subject: [Leica] My first Gallery image
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon May 10 11:03:07 2004

At 03:30 PM 5/8/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I would appreciate if somebody could advise me what I did wrong with the
>scanning.  The negative is very thin.
>
>J?rg

Jorg -

It's a beautiful photo, but you need to work on the levels.  That can be
done in Photoshop.  Just go to Image>Adjust>Levels and bring the black
slider way over.  There are no true blacks in your scan.  You can rescan
it, adjusting levels before you scan, but I usually like to do the
adjusting in PS.  You could also select the background and run a Dust and
Scratches filter to get rid of the splotchiness.  I think you'll end up
with a stunning photo.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com