Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 18: Feria de Abril
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat May 8 15:12:30 2004

Seville has two big events in April: the Easter processions (see my PAW
16) and, two weeks later, the Feria. Literally it means "fair" as in the
county fairs one sees in the US and some European countries. However,
the Seville version has long ago discarded any agricultural connections,
so today's Feria is a week-long orgy of eating, drinking and dancing. It
is a very colorful event, but I have chosen to present only B&W pictures
for now; I will put up a gallery dedicated to the Feria, which will have
color shots as well.

First, a shot of the main entrance. Flamenco dresses are de rigeur:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18.jpg

This is what people do at the Feria. They dance flamenco:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt1.jpg

They meet friends:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt2.jpg

They discuss important issues such as football:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt3.jpg

...and come to some sort of agreement, once suitably lubricated:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt4.jpg

There are also silly games with equally silly prizes. Here is one winner
who does not seem to know what to do with his loot:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt5.jpg

And finally...all this partying takes its toll, as seen on this couple
returning from festivities around 8 a.m.:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt6.jpg

All pictures with Leica CL, 25mm Snapshot Skopar or 40mm Rokkor as noted
on the PAW index page, on Fuji Neopan 1600 except the last one, which is
on Tri-X.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands