Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on the Leica D2 and computer magazines
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat May 8 10:02:42 2004

Hi Ted,

I was on the verge of buying the Panasonic version of the Digilux 2 from
the good doctor in Hong Kong a few weeks ago. His prices are much better
than anything in Europe or North America. But...I still hate electronic
viewfinders. It is not the money per se; and a digital camera would be
very handy at this point in my life, with weekly travels to Spain and
what not, which severely limits the time available for scanning.
However, in the end I decided that if I am to pay a four-digit sum for a
digital camera, I do not want compromises. I want something that will
take my M lenses, has a good optical viewfinder, and provides full
manual control that is easy to use. I am waiting to see what is
presented at Photokina. I do not have high hopes regarding Leica
offerings, but I do anticipate the Cosina digital Bessa eagerly. If it
is what I hope it will be, then I will be happy to pay double the cost
of a Digilux 2.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman