Subject: [Leica] Victory Day
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Sat May 8 12:31:13 2004

Thank you for posting your remembrance, Nathan.  As an American male of
43 years, I only know of the war from stories of relatives, books,
movies, and to me the most important way, from visits to places in
Europe where the was took place.  My mother tells me of the stars in the
windows of houses in her hometown and the blackout drills on the west
coast.  I have visited the Holocaust museum in Washington DC and
someday, hope to visit more sites in Europe.  I believe all of us who
are alive today owe a debt of gratitude in some part, to the generation
of soldiers who defeated the Axis countries and provided a better world
for mine and future generations.

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Victory Day)