Subject: [Leica] Re:Re: Ten years behind? I think not.
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri May 7 07:16:52 2004

Don't want to get into a pissing contest Felix but
yes, I have been writing software since 1969, and have
had an EOS camera since the 620 and have lenses from
12mm to 500 :-). I do not find modal controls
ergonomic and whilst it is easy to use a manual I do
not find Canon cameras intuitive despite having used
them for years, I do like the thumb wheel on the back
though. OTOH on the R8 contols fall immediately to
hand and I am NOT referring to the 3 normal controls
you mention. The viewfinder, the heart of a camera
IMHO, is much better on the R8.
I do not consider being able to programme a VCR as a
good training for learning how to use anything because
they were also designed by cretins who have never
heard of ergonomics or intuitive controls. Most modern
equipment is "styled" rather than designed as looks
are more important than function - ergonomics is a
lost art.
Frank

--- Felix Lopez de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
wrote: > >I have an extensive EOS system and a limited