Subject: [Leica] C8080
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 6 09:49:25 2004

B. D. Colen said:
Subject: RE: [Leica] C8080

> And this, I am stunned to say, was shot in the camera's b&w mode - 320
> iso, 1/13th of a second, f 2.4 - I used PS unsharpen, set at at 15% and
> a radius of 55 to bump up the contrast - something I always do with RGB
> to b&w conversions. But what this tells me is that I can shoot bw with
> this p&s, which I haven't been able to do with others...
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/BDCOLENPHOTOS/Ben<<<

Hi B. D.,
I used the B&W mode with the Digilux 2 the other day, at first it seemed
weird looking at a B&W world, although interesting through the b&w
viewfinder.

In the past when we've used any camera the world has been in colour through
the viewfinder even though we were recording with B&W film. And it wasn't
until after processing did we see our B&W world and the results.

Setting the viewfinder and recording to mono I wonder if that'll improve
what we put on the B&W disk because now we'll see only in B&W without the
distractions of colour?

In other words when I say, "When you photograph people in colour, you
photograph their clothes. But when you photograph them in B&W you photograph
their souls!"

Will we shoot more "soul showing" pictures because we see it in B&W?  Some
how I believe it'll be the first thing first... "how the light is working on
the subject regardless of seeing it in B&W or colour. "

Did you re-act or see any differently while shooting in B&W ? Obviously if
the viewfinder was B&W as with the Digil 2 set to B&W?

ted

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] C8080)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] C8080)