Subject: [Leica] Ten years behind? I think so!.
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Wed May 5 18:45:09 2004

> If I knew how to show an emoticon illustrating  "I'm mad as hell
> " about the
> "astronaught photographer" I'd'use it!"

> Aaahhhhhh the personality principle by brain challenged
> government employees
> who think a personality can take great photos because they are given an
> interesting camera. Then pay them huge sums of money to shoot as
> you said...
> rocks, ferns and Canadian waterfalls, mountains and non-breathing things!

And it's not like Canada doesn't have some world class photographers of
"non-breathing things!" already doing this stuff, who I'm sure would have
been happy to oblige - such as my friend Geoffrey James' landscapes and
cityscapes for one simple example (talking of which, Geoffrey won the last
Roloff Beny prize for his "Paris" book - they just announced the current
finalists - make sure you submit your Women in Medicine book for the next
one in two years time I think Ted? That $30,000 could buy you a nice digital
Canon setup....)

I think Bondar got to spend upwards of $500,000 of taxpayer dollars over two
years on that book....

tim

Replies: Reply from tim at KairosPhoto.com (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] Ten years behind? I think so!.)