Subject: [Leica] Ten years behind? I think so!.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed May 5 16:56:34 2004

Tina Manley said:
> If you look at the "photographers" that Leica promotes on their website,
> it's very obvious that they are aiming for the "celebrity" market, not the
> working photojournalists.
>
> Not sour grapes, just disappointment.  I still love my M's.<<<<

Hi Tina,
Yes quite right and they've been doing that for some time somewhat like the
trash magazines that were good publications. Now all they do is publish
who's shacking up with who in Hollywood and other mentally brain dead crap
to titillate the morons who read this junk.

Yes I realize the magazines derive huge amounts of revenue from this stuff.
But using the celebrities Leica do who "play with their Leica's" doesn't
impress me and I suspect many other serious Leica users to stay with or buy
more Leica gear.

Unfortunately I think Leica are constantly searching for any means to
produce revenue and if "twinkle toes dinkie head the guitar player" uses a
Leica and it helps sell one camera they're happy. But it'll not be
successful in securing great numbers of young photographers to buy Leica.

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Ten years behind? I think so!.)
Reply from max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld) ([Leica] Photar 25mm)
Reply from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] Ten years behind? I think so!.)