Subject: [Leica] Leica sighting in Chicago
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue May 4 18:51:09 2004

Brian Reid asked:

> I've often wondered what fraction of actual users of Leicas are on the LUG
and the MUG. Most of the Leicas ever sold are in display cases or storage
boxes. Some smallish number of people use them to take pictures. There are
about 1000 people on the LUG. I have no idea how big the MUG is, nor how
much overlap there is with the LUG. Does that represent 1% of Leica
photographers? 0.01%? 10%  It would be hard to find out, I guess.<<<<,,,

Brian,
I think the question has to be approached from another direction.

Q 1.... How many people have computers?

Q 2.... How many people are www connected or some version of international
connection.

Q 3.... How many of those people are camera users or photo people?

Q 4.... How many have leica's?

Q 5.... Now you ask..... How many are on the various Leica related sites?

A wild question might be:

How many Leica's have been sold and in use today in relation to computers in
use? Or in the hands of people who actually know what they are?

ted

Replies: Reply from mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre) ([Leica] Leica sighting in Chicago)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Leica sighting in Chicago)