Subject: [Leica] Re: Hey, we're having some fun now!
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Apr 27 00:44:33 2004

>"Kit McChesney" <kitmc@acmefoto.com> wrote:

>Seems to me it would be better to have a place to write carefully considered
>commentary, rather than a rating system using numbers. This isn't a contest
>for the fattest pig at the 4-H event.

Welcome back, Kit!  I think you said it the best.  :-)

Brian, my vote is to turn the scoring off.  I think the scoring is about as
useful as those 4.2 vs. 4.3 lens ratings at Photodo.   It's in there mostly
because "computers crunch numbers, so let's gather numbers."  Verbal
comments as to why viewers like or dislike a picture are much more useful.

--Peter, also back from Victoria, where a good time was had by all.