Subject: [Leica] OT - selecting a (gasp!) digital camera
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Apr 23 21:51:54 2004

Oliver,
Check out close outs on the Panasonic LC33(?)(Leica lens to stay on
topic)  Here in Atlanta they seem to be below $150, take AA's, and
provide a good image with some photographer control although mostly a
P&S.  Likewise, Kodak is making a big push to justify their statements
RE digital and so you can find 2 and 3 MP camera's near $100 especially
on older models.

If you are near one of the large photo chains there are Fuji 205's going
for $80.  Two MP's, real 3X optical zoom, and run on AA's.

If you are feeling adventuresome, Sony has a UC30 at about $150.  No
zoom truly tiny camera that can go on your keychain.  Up to 8X prints
look decent.

For normal use as you have described a 2 MP camera will do plenty fine.
I think if you go into any decently stocked shop you can find what you
are looking for, and spend less than what you would on two bricks of
Tri-X.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com