Subject: [Leica] the Rose on/off switch
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Wed Apr 21 17:34:59 2004

Since we're on the subject, I'll add tape to the discussion. After some
years of detesting holding my M6, because it always felt like a watermelon
between my fingers, ready to slip out at any moment. I contacted Leica about
the MP covering. As it turns out, it's only $150 to recover an M6 with the
material used on the MP. I had another chance to play with the MP and I
found that leatherette to be as deplorably un-ergonomic.
Following the advice of someone on the LUG about taping, I decided to try
tape. After a few tries with different tapes, I finally settled on 3m
safety-walk tape. One word of advice about this very abrasive tape, just
that it's very abrasive. One has to keep it away from other gear, from fear
of value reducing abrasion. But, it makes the camera stick to your fingers
like glue.
S. Dimitrov