Subject: [Leica] the Rose on/off switch
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Wed Apr 21 13:20:11 2004

I suspect we each have slightly different styles that mean that one
person's ideal is another person's "are you kidding me?"

I never had a problem with the lever popping out accidentally, but I am
slightly annoyed by having to remember to spin the dial.  I keep the camera
in my hands when I'm expecting to shoot, but sometimes when I'm not
expecting it and I have the camera tucked away, I'll see something fleeting
that I want to snap very quickly and I'd like to be able to pull the camera
out to my eye, flick the aperture or shutter speed a stop or two and
shoot.  With the thing on "off" I inevitably have to look down to get the
shutter speed in the reasonable range first.

Plus I haven't fully trained myself to avoid winding on before putting the
camera away, so my softie gives me more blank frames than I'd like.

Your mileage obviously does vary.  ;)

Whatever...I still like my camera!

-Aaron

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] the Rose on/off switch)