Subject: [Leica] Quick Help! Old 35 Summilux filter thread size. - DONE!
From: mikko.kalavainen at fotosaarinen.fi (Mikko J. Kalavainen)
Date: Tue Apr 20 23:14:42 2004

Ohdearlord NO! 39.95 for a lenscap is something not reasonable! (Then again, I don't know if 3000eur is reasonable for a manual camera.... oh well.)

Luckily the fact that I work in a camerastore allows me access to quite a vast supply of non-branded caps... I've got the lens (and the camera) with me so I can try every single one until I find one that fits.

Thank you for your help.

By the way, the serial number for the lens 2392xxx, so I believe it SHOULD take the series 7 filters, but the hood (12504) doesnt seem to unscrew anywhere, so no filters for me...

(Ontopic part begins) I need some coffee and cigarettes before I begin working this morning, because I ended up drinking some veryvery nice single malts last night (Laphroaig, Oban and Glenfiddich(eww)) after an evening walk with an M6+lux35, NO BAG, just a strap and my shoulder. Thinking of buying something that says Hermes for my girlfriend/bride. Is that enough? :)

.miko.