Subject: [Leica] Quick Help! Old 35 Summilux filter thread size.
From: mikko.kalavainen at fotosaarinen.fi (Mikko J. Kalavainen)
Date: Tue Apr 20 00:10:16 2004

Hello all.

I just need someone to quickly take a peek at their 35mm Summilux (the oldold one, you know, the small version which is really soft at 1.4), and measure the size of the thread at the front.

Here's a picture, I know I'm confusing people. http://www.quickreleaseplate.com/LuxFD2%20.html

Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it's made in Canada like the one in the picture. Oh well.

I just need to get a lenscap for it, and I cant stand the hood. I've got one (cap) for the hood, but now I would like to get rid of it, since it is almost the same size as the lens itself. Annoying when carrying the camera on your shoulder, WITHOUT A BAG.

Here in Finland the SUN has appeared again, after the longlong winter, and I think I'm ready for some outdoor photography again.

Happy springtime for all of you,

Mikko Kalavainen
www.fotosaarinen.fi/mikko

Replies: Reply from jerryleh at pacbell.net (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Quick Help! Old 35 Summilux filter thread size.)