Subject: [Leica] My First Leica PAW! (Ron de-lurks)
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 07:02:01 2004

Ron

The hardest part is to put the first picture up, so now it should be a
piece of cake to show the next photos.  I like the cropped version better,
more focused vision in my opinion.  Keep up the good work.

Gene

Hello, all!

My name's Ron. I'm an amateur (photographer, that is) in Columbus, OH, USA.

I've been lurking here for a couple of years now... I think I had one post
when I first started looking at Leicas (and I bought my 35mm Summicron from
Phong here), but I've been silent since. I've been trying to re-dedicate
myself to getting out and shooting, so I've started a PAW project. This
week
is the first time since I started where I was shooting with my M6.

To make my LUG debut all the more nerve-wracking, I had very little (less
than usual, even) to choose from this week. I did, however, learn two
things:

1) I am not yet capable of estimating development times for films shot at
ASAs for which I do not have a chart; and

2) Even if you underdevelop your film by quite a bit, you can still salvage
an image if you point your camera directly at the sun:

http://curiousrobot.com/PAWPics/week16.html

Not much, I know, but the point of this is to make myself do it, post it,
and take my lumps, right?

The PAW index (three weeks old!) can be found here:

http://curiousrobot.com/paw2004.html

And some other stuff of mine is here:

http://curiousrobot.com/gallery1.html

Thanks to all who look, comment, or criticize! I hope to hear from some of
you...

Seeya,

Ron