Subject: [Leica] York v Lancaster London tea
From: eric.calderwood at btinternet.com (Eric C)
Date: Sat Apr 17 04:49:52 2004

Jerry,

That should be Cheshire, not Chester.

Why did you always avoid Liverpool?

Far too many people place too much emphasis on third party reports of what
Liverpool was and is like, but upon visiting the city, they are very
pleasantly surprised and wish they had visited sooner.
Two Cathedrals , the Anglican Cathedral is the Largest in Europe, two
Universities, two Premiership Football Teams etc, etc, also the majority of
people who emigrated to the USA left Europe from Liverpool Docks.

Another piece of history that people gloss over is that during the 2nd World
War, Liverpool was the most bombed city in the UK after London, and had the
most civilian casualties from any single air raid.

You do not know what you have missed.

Regards
Eric