Subject: [Leica] Re: vanity pets or leica gear?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Apr 15 13:39:21 2004

Here! Here! I was waiting to see who might make the Leica gear/Single
Malt/Tilley/Mont Blanc/ argument. :-)

There are, of course, those who argue that it is obscene for a
photographer to go to the third world with a modest $5,000 in
photographic equipment to take photos of people who will not earn that
in their life-time. But those are generally the same people who argue
that we should all live in shacks and give everything we make above and
beyond what we need to survive to those who make less. Wait, haven't I
heard that expressed as something like, "from each according to their
abilities, to each according to their needs?" :-)

Seriously folks...Are we all guilty of selfish, irrational behavior of
one sort or another? I know I am. Do we all do all we can to help those
less fortunate than we? Damn few of us do.

B. D.