Subject: [Leica] Slides the cat has gone to kitty heaven
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Apr 15 09:44:41 2004

Sam offered ?
Subject: Re: [Leica] Slides the cat has gone to kitty heaven

Sam,
I don't know if you ever had a pet, however your comments are disrespectful
to Mark at the moment in this case, followed by many of us who have been
caring pet owners.

As far as "if we spent $5000.00 dollars to help a starving bloated child
somewhere in the world the money would be better spent I have only one
suggestion... "Wake up to the realities of the Governments and robber barons
of the countries where these children reside and see how the "Leaders live
compared to the families of the bloated children!"

If we all on this list could offer 50 million dollars each to assist
starving children in said countries, how long do you think it would be
before the Leaders, read "bandits governing " would have the money in their
Swiss accounts or flogging the food aid to other countries?"

I've done assignments in some of these countries and all your hyperbole
about we caring pet owners isn't going to change one thing where the
governing body has more interest in their personal wealth than their dying
and starving children.

They may whine and carry on wringing hands and pleading for hand out aid of
food and money. And generally the western countries of the world help, only
to see the efforts pissed down the drain due to political & tribal customs
and who wants to run the country with their AK47's.

So my on screen friend take a look around you at reality and just how many
children do you think the pet owner can save........ "in the world as we see
it run today?"

Sorry you are way off the mark old boy!

And yes my wife and I contribute a considerable amount of income every year
to agencies who try to help.
ted

Replies: Reply from sam at osheaven.net (Sam) ([Leica] Slides the cat has gone to kitty heaven)
Message from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Slides the cat has gone to kitty heaven)