Subject: [Leica] Confession time! THE LUG FAMILY.
From: lea at whinydogpress.com (lea)
Date: Wed Apr 14 09:05:49 2004

<<I also never cease to be amazed that the 'media' has not done more
reporting on the phenomenon of groups like the LUG, and the power of the
internet to create communities of people all over the globe;>>

I agree with this 1000%. I am forever amazed at what I've learned time
and time again from this group and a couple others to which I belong
(Photoforum, PureSilver and Digital BW). There is a book, story or movie
to be had in what happens on these groups.

For me, one of the greatest things of all has been the ever-ready access
to information at my fingertips just by typing a question. There is
nothing in the world that can substitute for real live experience when
one is pondering a new lens, body, film, developer, scanner, enlarger,
malt, hat, cigar, or fountain pen.

Beefy computer with modem...$3K
Roadrunner...$44.95
LUG...priceless